Pages

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Salvation Paradigm


This time, a poem to start with :D

Ficiton it is :)


Looking back in the doors of past,
I couldn't help but cry, 
All the things I did,
I wish I could take them back,
And hide them to the bottom of the stack,
Never will I forgive myself for it,
For blowing off the candles that were just lit,
Selfish, cruel, greedy I was,
Ran down the path of crime without a pause,
I wish there was some salvation for me,
A dip in Ganges will not make me sin-free,
My hands reminds me of my work, cold and blunt,
Which took lives of the innocent,
I was helpless and poor and for honest work I had the last bid,
But those reasons aren't good enough for the deeds I did,
I am just waiting for the dark black cloth,
Put up  by someone under oath.
All I wish now is for the END,
A ray of light enters my life everyday, 
Gives me a moment of peace in a rather cold, dark lonely stay,
The END I wish for is here,
I am filled with guilt and not fear,
Shattered glass shines in that tiny pinhole ray,
For, even mirrors won't approve my way.




Forgiveness is the sign of strength.  Isn't it?

How frequently do you forgive?

Forgive the one who broke your heart.
Forgive the person who stole from your shop.
Forgive your son for the scratch on your car.
Forgive your mom because you think it is her fault that you missed the bus.
How frequently do you let go off the grudges.

Huh?

You do. Good.
You don't?  Grow up.

But do we forgive ourselves?

For getting few marks less in that important exam.
For being an ass to your sister.
For not being there with your friend when he/she needed you the most.
For stealing a few bucks.
For bullying that helpless kid in class.

You do forgive yourself?

Good.

You don't?
Why?

Because you don't deserve to be forgiven.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr. Wrong answer.

The moment you realise your mistake,
The moment you try to right the wrongs; in your own way,

is the moment you get your forgiveness, from god (if you believe in him/her)

But!

That's not important. NO.

It is important that you forgive yourself.

Now for the sake of argument,

Do you believe that there is something like small crime and big crime?

Think again.

Picking someone's pocket.
Killing someone.
Forging and smuggling.
Breaking someone's heart.
Shoplifting.
Raping someone.

Are they same??

Such a vague question to ask right?
No, of course not.


Then why do you punish yourselves with the magnitude of such high level as if you've done something very very evil?

Itna punish to Indian government bhi nai karti Terrorists ko. XD

sorry no pun intended :p

You haven't killed someone have you?


No. So why are you being so hard on yourself?
cut some slack for the person you love the most, will you?
cut some slack for yourself.



Tell me what exactly the poem was conveying, the plot.

2 comments:

  1. Thought-provoking lines.
    "Itna punish to Indian government bhi nai karti Terrorists ko." - liked the satire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot sir :) :)
      and yeah, the truth remains, that we be harsh on ourselves, maybe because we expect the most from us. :D

      Delete

And you said that...