This may not be at all relevant but still would like to start with this.
"Show me a heart unfettered with foolish dreams and I will show you a happy man"
It was yesterday evening, I was in car with my dad at a crossroad in the city.
I was doing random stuff (setting my hair in the rear view mirror :p) when I saw a small kid walk past through my dad's car.
The first thing which popped in my mind was that he would ask for money. But no, he instead just walked passed through.
And oh he was such a cute kid!
In his mid 6s or something. Ragged red tee and shorts. I was not able to get a view of his legs but I am sure he was wearing some flip flops ( he was making that careless sound for which I get scolded by my mom XD )
In his mid 6s or something. Ragged red tee and shorts. I was not able to get a view of his legs but I am sure he was wearing some flip flops ( he was making that careless sound for which I get scolded by my mom XD )
As he went past, he was jumping and smiling and singing at the same time.
He was singing "Tune maari entriya re dil me baji ghantiya re..ting ting ting ting" (a song from a recent Bollywood movie called GUNDAY)
He was singing "Tune maari entriya re dil me baji ghantiya re..ting ting ting ting" (a song from a recent Bollywood movie called GUNDAY)
That's when I thought. I Realized.
Look at this guy. Yeah he might be sleeping with his stomach half empty. Yes he might be uneducated. Yes he might not have a proper shelter to live.
But, for a brief brief time, wasn't he happy?
That kind of happiness which we crave for our whole life. That feeling of giddiness which sweeps us from our feet?
In our childhood, we were told about the three basic needs.
Food
Clothes
Shelter
Clothes
Shelter
But are these enough?
Roti kapda aur makaan as we say in hindi.
But we NEED a bread with sauce and olives and cheese once a week. Don't we?
we NEED our wardrobe to be filled with clothes.
Black and White because that are must.
A superman tee because well because everyone SHOULD have it.
A batman tee because supes is all alone and also because "He's Batman" (say it in a hard, merciless voice)
A red shirt or something because.. DUDE! Valentine!
And house..hahaha.. a shelter without a wifi.. would it do?
'nuf said.
I may be over exaggerating but it is the truth (yeah I know I am smart. Stop wondering ;) )
The truth is our needs have increased. I correct myself, our basic needs have increased.
We NEED a laptop. And we NEED windows 8. :p
We are now, in hold of the society. The glam sham and mayhem of society.
We blame the mayhem but accept the glam. -.-
The naked truth is, we can't get rid of this. Because we like this.
As said earlier, a happy man is one with no foolish dreams. No desire of more.
But we want more don't we??
I really felt something yesterday
That how foolish are we.
We compare and upgrade.
But in that process we actually miss the real essence of life.
We are happy having the seeds but throw out the real fruit. The fresh juicy pulpy part.
I compare myself to that child, in that very moment
He was whistling and passing by,
And I was well, wondering of which laptop should I buy.
I may have studied more and may have been better dressed.
But in that very moment, he was was mightier than me for he knew what was the real happiness.
And I was well, wondering of which laptop should I buy.
I may have studied more and may have been better dressed.
But in that very moment, he was was mightier than me for he knew what was the real happiness.
Truth been said, and sorry for breaking it to you,
We blame society?
We are the SOCIETY.
We at a brief moment are sociopaths too.
We are the SOCIETY.
We at a brief moment are sociopaths too.
In the end we are all just humans,
Waiting for a change and not being the change.
Waiting for a change and not being the change.
But chillaax bros and gals,
Dream big and try to achieve.
If glam and sham makes you happy.
It is happiness. Don't let anyone say otherwise.
If glam and sham makes you happy.
It is happiness. Don't let anyone say otherwise.
Need it? Have it. Happy?
No?
No?
Repeat.
A perfect quote to end with. (It is a reply to the very first quote)
But only in their dreams can men be truly free,
twas always and always thus will be.
twas always and always thus will be.
Quotes from my favourite movie. Dead Poet's Society.
I am not gonna repeat the whole thing i told you about my dad and stuff but as you requested, the detailed review awaits you on my facebook page.
ReplyDeleteLots of love
Cheryl