Pages

Monday, 9 September 2013

Luv shuv ki idealogies.

It was a few days back, time was around 10 o'clock. The fan was spinning, making a creaky sound now and then, without any rhythm. The pages of my power electronics book fluttering, little did it matter, coz I was indulged in a Facebook conversation with a distant friend.

Everything was casual. I was sharing some of my work with her. My ideas about a new post. Actually, asking her about giving some suggestions.  As I was impatiently staring towards the 4.3" screen, staring towards the embossed sign showing "typing", few words came through in blue.

"Write about love" was her reply. My face instantly showcased a huge grin. All that thoughts of love and what I think about it flashed quickly in my mind. Then like a reflex, I wrote in caps (it gives out that effect)

HAHAHA.. ummm maybe I will..

LOVE

So like, what is love?
"A strong positive emotion of regardand affection"

This is what the dictionary says about love. what a definition! I am sure geeks would propose like this

"I have a strong postive emotion of regardand affection for you,  marry me"
Enough of that.

So, love. What actually is it? Here let me show it to you what we teens think of love as.

Just today I watched a bollywood movie, Shuddhh Desi Romance. Now in the very beginning, there's a song. Yeah, we have songs before, after and in between movie. So, it showed a clip of couples "hanging out"(if you know what I mean).

That has been a trend of youth for past decade or so. Nowadays LOVE actually means the permission for "making LOVE"! Stop by in the classroom of a 15 year old, and you may see an aashiqui scene going on. Now go to the 12th grade..Nah! Don't close your eyes, Chill.!, they don't do anything like that in public. Atleast till now.

With the trends of social networking, people have come a lot closer. They "meet" on Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc. But at what cost?! We don't think before committing in a relationship. We don't think before saying the words "I Love You". We say and not mean. And then one fine day, we leave and don't care. Kudos smart people! Kudos.

With this trend, this pace, sometimes I feel bad, but most of the time,  I am actually glad that I am not a potential part of it. Who wouldn't lose faith in love? who wouldn't?

The 'Conventional' LOVE

Now, is love only possible between two person of opposite sex having a physical relationship? NO.
That is what we fail to understand. Love is well.. LOVE!

Look in your mother's eyes when she packs lunch for you. Feel the emotion in your dad's voice when he asks you to drive carefully. Recognise the feeling when your friend pats you on the back and cracks a joke.  Look at the couple walking,holding hands.   And yeah why not? The sensation, the chill which runs throughout your body when your girlfriend kisses you!  That, right there. That is love. As simple as that. That is conventional love. The real one. Well again, as I always say. This is what I believe. So no offence to the lovers of 21st Century.

In the end I would like add something what my friend always tell me.

When you are in love, you know it. You just know it.

So, sit back and relax. You'll know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And you said that...