Huh?
"30 rupees only" he said, checking the figures in the meter-chart without looking at me and intentionally emphasising on "only".
I knew 30 rupees were too much, and bargaining is what we gujaratis are good at, but I was not in mood to fight for 5-10 rupees and besides, the conversation we had in last 15 mins was worth those 30 bucks.
15 Minutes Earlier
I glanced on both the side of road as I quickly crossed. Now as we have the tendency ( or maybe its just me ) to search for the rickshaw which has the best appearance and as we NEVER hire an auto without asking approx fare, I did the same.
There were two worthy opponents to get me to my destination, both were fighting for some petty issue, swearing occasionally.
I looked at them, there was a silent one and the violent one.
Now which one to hire?! ( yeah, that was the million dollar question! Dramtic eh? )
I hired the violent one. Uh why? Because I thought, maybe he will drive a little faster :D
I looked up and prayed for not to to rain. I just prayed that no foolish Ted does the rain dance for her freaking Robin today. Just as I completed, a drop fell on my cheeks.( no tears this time :p I swear) Aaaaand 10 points to bad luck me. So I quickly sat inside, carefully at the center of the seat so as to avoid the water. Oh I so hate rains.!
Now as I was continuously setting my hairs in the mirror, the driver smiled at me in the mirror, and like a reflex, I smiled back.
We stopped at a signal, and then he started talking.
"#*&/#@ netao! Rasta to sarkha rakhata nathi, desh na uddhar ni vaat kare che. Aa rasto 3 divas thi khodayelo padyo che, pan dofao ne kai padi j nathi! Mota aaya gandhi-modi o "
( useless politicians! The roads are not maintained and they talk about nation's progess. The road side is dug up since 3 days and these people don't give a shit! )
The driver was abusing very loudly, and a couple, who were just next to our auto, looked at me.
As much as I agreed to the driver, I just looked at the couple and gave a poker face. I twirled my lips so as to imply that I don't know what he was talking.
He then transferred his frustrating on a car driver by "cutting" him . He was distinctively agressive..
I don't exactly remember the whole conversation, but at some point he said that he was a graduate or something.
This post was not about giving every detail about the experience. Neither was it emphasise on point of progress of the country. It was just my attempt to describe a situation or rather an interaction in detail. Many more coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
And you said that...